We are thinking of doing a club ski trip to Les Arcs this coming ski season if there is enough interest. The plan is for a week long ski trip staying in self-catered group accommodation. We haven't set a date for the trip, rather we are asking for those that are interested to let us know the dates you can make. We are delibrately avoiding the half-term weeks and the week of the club winter trip.
If you're interested, please reply to this email before Monday 7th October answering the following questions:
1. Which if the following dates could you make (please delete those that you can't make)?
- Saturday 4th Jan -> Saturday 11th Jan
- Saturday 11th Jan -> Saturday 18th Jan
- Saturday 18th Jan -> Saturday 25th Jan
- Saturday 29th Feb -> Saturday 7th March
- Saturday 14th March -> Saturday 21st March
- Sarturday 21st March -> Saturday 28th March
2. Would you prefer to book your own flights/transfers (i.e. the club just arranges the accommodation)?
Just a brief update with some general news. We hope to be back with our regular news updates soon.
- We have a club committee meeting this Wednesday evening. Club members are welcome to attend committee meetings, see the website for details. As always the minutes of the previous meetings can be found in the members area.
- The guidelines for using the club hut have been updated. The changes include contact details for Ian Robinson (our new Hut Secretary). An note about not using the bedroom window to enter/exit the hut (except in an emergency). And a note about parents/guardians being responsible for their children at all times.
- The Charnwood Hills Race committee are meeting next week. The race is expected to take place on Sunday 2nd February 2020. We'll need lots of club members to volunteer and help on the race day, particularly marshalling the course. Get the date in your diaries!
- Tuesday nights as always we are getting out bouldering fix at The Climbing Station from 6pm.
- On Thursday evening we'll be indoors at Social Climbing in central Leicester.
Have a great week!
Just a reminder that we have the MTB meet on the 27th to 29th September. There are spaces still available so if you fancy a quality MTB weekend please purchase a ticket.
If you are planning to attend Reg Pillinger's funeral at Oakley Wood Crematorium, Stratford at 2:30pm on 28th August. Then can you please contact Miles Hilmann (07771 512815, firstname.lastname@example.org) so he can liaise with Reg's family who would like to know how many people are coming.
The Club has received the sad news is that Reg Pillinger, who was a club member for many years from the 1970s until around 2000, died earlier this week. His funeral is to be at 14:30 on Wednesday 28th August at Oakley Wood Crematorium, CV33 9QP.
We're going to Cademan Woods this Thursday. I'll put a more detailed post on the Website later Today.
Slightly late with my weekly update this week, something to do with being busy getting ready to head off to the Alps for our Chamonix trip. Looks like it's going to be as hot their as it is here! I'll be off on hols for 3 weeks so you may not get any weekly updates from me but our regular week day evening meets will be continuing as usual and we'll continue to let you know where the Thursday climbing is taking place.
We still have a few Bowline Buffs left available for sale, 4 x yellow and 9 x light blue, only £5 each you can get one now from Dave Toach (07703 121591).
Have a great week!
We have a number of items of lost property which have been left at the club hut:
- Childs Karrimor Fleece
- 2 x Childrens T-shirts
- 2 x Electric Toothbrushes
- Toothpaste & deodorant
- 2 x Petzl Head torches
The two head torches are with Paul Parker, the other items are at the hut. Please make arrangements to collect these items if they are yours.