There are still a few places left for the REC Level 2 Emergency First aid course.
Starting on the 8th of February, so not long to secure your place.
This is aimed at all club members whatever your favoured past time so get booked on and learn something new, or polish your skills.
COURSE TOPICS - Programme for the weekend
- Emergency Procedure: DRS ABCDE.
- Protecting the Airway; Safe Airway Position.
- Basic Life Support and CPR.
- Vital signs.
- Shock and bleeds:
- Internal and external, minor and catastrophic.
- Life threatening injuries: chest injuries.
- Causes of unconsciousness.
- Medical emergencies:
- Asthma, heart attack, angina, epilepsy, diabetes, anaphylaxis.
- Common outdoor diseases:
- Ticks & Lyme disease, Weils disease, weaver fish, jellyfish stings, adder bites.
- Sprains, strains, fractures and dislocations.
- Environmental injuries:
- Hypothermia, hyperthermia, heat and cold related conditions.
More details can be found in the events section or by following the link. http://www.bowlineclimbingclub.co.uk/item/1220212