Just a reminder that we have the MTB meet on the 27th to 29th September. There are spaces still available so if you fancy a quality MTB weekend please purchase a ticket.
If you are planning to attend Reg Pillinger's funeral at Oakley Wood Crematorium, Stratford at 2:30pm on 28th August. Then can you please contact Miles Hilmann (07771 512815, email@example.com) so he can liaise with Reg's family who would like to know how many people are coming.
The Club has received the sad news is that Reg Pillinger, who was a club member for many years from the 1970s until around 2000, died earlier this week. His funeral is to be at 14:30 on Wednesday 28th August at Oakley Wood Crematorium, CV33 9QP.
We're going to Cademan Woods this Thursday. I'll put a more detailed post on the Website later Today.
Slightly late with my weekly update this week, something to do with being busy getting ready to head off to the Alps for our Chamonix trip. Looks like it's going to be as hot their as it is here! I'll be off on hols for 3 weeks so you may not get any weekly updates from me but our regular week day evening meets will be continuing as usual and we'll continue to let you know where the Thursday climbing is taking place.
We still have a few Bowline Buffs left available for sale, 4 x yellow and 9 x light blue, only £5 each you can get one now from Dave Toach (07703 121591).
Have a great week!
We have a number of items of lost property which have been left at the club hut:
- Childs Karrimor Fleece
- 2 x Childrens T-shirts
- 2 x Electric Toothbrushes
- Toothpaste & deodorant
- 2 x Petzl Head torches
The two head torches are with Paul Parker, the other items are at the hut. Please make arrangements to collect these items if they are yours.
From what I've heard some 'adventures' were had on the club BBQ weekend in Snowdonia. Lots of climbing by the sea at Gogarth and on the high mountain crags too. If you couldn't make it this time why not book your place for the summer meal weekend!
Have a great week!
Great to see that we've been having strong attendance on our meets recently, there might be the odd place left for the club hut this weekend if you're quick. And all the club reserved spaces for the Cornwall meet are sold out (although you can try and book directly with the campsite if you'd still like to join us).
Just wanted a highlight a few meets coming up with places currently available but likely to sell out soon:
- Summer meal weekend - Always a great laugh and this year we're back in North Wales at the Karabiner MC hut were we had a cracking time back in 2014. Climbing, walking, scrambling, biking, etc by day and then a tasy meal, drinks and socialising on the Saturday night. Book your place now via the website.
- Mountain Biking meet - Our annual homage to Mountain Biking this year takes us to the Lake District where there is a great plan for cycling socialising already arranged thanks to Rob Pullen. Grab you place now via the club website.
It was a cracking weekend in the Howgills (Lake District) for the Saunders Mountain Marathon. The sun shone most of the time (making it a little too warm on Saturday) and we enjoyed exploring this less often visited part of the Lakes. We had several teams of club members complete the race, it's a good event for getting into doing Mountain Marathons so why not join us for next years event!
Looking ahead to the coming weekend the forecast looks good so book you place at the club hut for our BBQ at the club hut weekend. Don't leave it too late!
Please get your places booked for our Cornwall trip ASAP as we need to confirm our numbers to the campsite. You can book your place now via the website.
- Tuesday nights as always we are getting out bouldering fix at The Climbing Station from 6pm.
- Wednesday evening running - This week meeting at Bradgate Park main car park, 18:30. All abilities welcome!
- On Thursday evening we'll be climbing at Wildcat Crag in Matlock Bath. Watch-out for an email with timings shortly.
Once again have a great week everyone and enjoy the weekend adventures!